The mission of the Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain Australia Cargill Cares team is to “Engage all Australian employees to be actively involved, ensuring a distinctive contribution is made to our local communities.” Membership is voluntary, and the members are a representation of various locations and departments.
The Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain Australia Cargill Cares team has three focus areas; Youth and Children, Disadvantaged, and Environment. The team is given a budget to allocate to worthy causes. When choosing which activities to support, initiatives are preferred where we can:
- Contribute time, not just dollars;
- Contribute to building community confidence;
- Contribute to a sustainable environment;
- Contribute to nutrition and health;
- Increase safety or safety awareness; and
- Work with suppliers, customers and / or other Cargill businesses to have a broader impact.
To date this has resulted in a wide variety of events and organisations being supported, including but not limited to:
- Stockton Junior Rugby League Football Club;
- Northcote Community Hamper Appeal;
- Colombo Creek Cricket Match;
- Ballarat Cancer Research Fund;
- Rowena Pre School;
- Variety Bash Car Rally;
- Kalkee Footy & Netball Club;
- Berrigan Netball & Footy Club;
- Koorda Police Golf Day;
- Marion Cricket Club;
- Newcastle Conker Championships; and
- Parkes Cricket Club.
Since June 2010, the Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain Australia Cargill Cares team has raised over $40,000 through various fundraising activities, such as casual days, morning teas and BBQs, and has distributed over $60,000 to various charities.