The mission of the Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain Australia Cargill Cares team is to “Engage all Australian employees to be actively involved, ensuring a distinctive contribution is made to our local communities.” Membership is voluntary, and the members are a representation of various locations and departments.
The Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain Australia Cargill Cares team has three focus areas; Youth and Children, Disadvantaged, and Environment. The team is given a budget to allocate to worthy causes. When choosing which activities to support, initiatives are preferred where we can:
- Contribute time, not just dollars;
- Contribute to building community confidence;
- Contribute to a sustainable environment;
- Contribute to nutrition and health;
- Increase safety or safety awareness; and
- Work with suppliers, customers and / or other Cargill businesses to have a broader impact.